Thursday, October 12, 2006

John Cornhill

Hello again, Thursday evening now. Had a very relaxing day, planning the rest of October and reading Bill Bryson (very good) Decided to try the hammock and was very pleased with myself to ascend and insert myself with little difficulty. Descending turned out to be a different matter. For several minutes I couldn't work out which part of me should exit first. The eventual parting of company with the hammock was most undignified and unbursarlike. Hopefully nobody noticed. Two chicks were wandering around the yard here today looked like turkey chicks to me but were too small to eat.

Cairns has a natural sandy very nice beach streching for about a mile along the front from the harbour at the mouth of the estuary to a headland . It also has a man made lagoon just inland from the beach with some sand and lots of grass around it. On a sunny day, the lagoon is packed with adults and children. But never a soul on the beach. Can anyone tell me why?

Away for 3 days now, hope you all have a great weekend,
John John Cornhill

No comments: