Saturday, September 22, 2012

22 Sept 2012 Lapu Lapu


22 Sept 2012 Lapu Lapu Saturday today and after my swim (1000m) I am having my hair cut. This takes all the rest of the morning as I also buy some plums. This afternoon we have some fun in the pool, I don't know why the others can balance on the blow-up boat and I cannot. Jackson thinks it's very funny.
Then a bar-b-q by the pool. Perfect. This evening, Grant, Violet and a group of their friends invite me to join them in a night out at MO2 in central Cebu City. It is outdoors, there are two live bands and we have a great evening chatting and dancing until 2am. Back in my room at Green Gate, now 3am, I hear the local fiesta in full swing. The wall of speakers in a field 100 metres away provides booming music for another hour, in harmony (not) with squealing pigs as they are slaughtered by the roadside, in preparations for the next day's feasting. Unreal. Goodnight all.

No comments: